If you haven't heard the news on the block recently, my darling sister (of "Straight Shooting with My Sister" fame) has finally started her own blog. And because bossing me around in person wasn't enough, she has extended her bossy reach into the blogosphere by demanding I share ten things with all of you that you may not know about me. And since not having a backbone has always been my forte, here I am caving in.
Without further ado, ten things you may or may not have known about me:
1) I am super unathletic and I hate sweating. Hence why I used to (and from time to time still do) swim. I loved being on the swim team. My mum says I had good technique but I was painfully slow. Which brings me to number 2.
2) I do everything slowly. Everything. This annoys the bejeeeeezus out of my husband who prefers working efficiently. When I was little, my babysitter used to call me Poky Little Puppy. As in The Poky Little Puppy, a classic book and totally worth the $8.99 Amazon practically gives it away for.
3) I speak Spanish pretty much fluently. I miss words every now and then, but mostly I speak Spanish. Don't be misled by my strikingly pale skin and saucy blue eyes. I use Spanish daily for work and for mocking the husband. My use of colloquial Mexican phrases has been known to both astonish and amuse the masses. Assuming the masses are Mexican and speak Spanish. Which around these parts they are and do.
4) While my wardrobe consists primarily of polos, button-downs and pearls, I think a little tiny hipster resides in me and occasionally screams to be let out. All my favorite places in the city are quirky, eclectic and have the official Yelp "hipster" rating. I honestly don't know where it comes from.
5) I hate camping. My sister did an excellent job explaining why so I'll leave it at that.
6) My sister and I are much more alike than I care to admit. For years, I always thought we were complete opposites. But when Adrian met Erin for the first time, he said it was like listening to two of me. We have a lot of the same mannerisms and expressions. Except she's republican and I'm democrat. But we won't get into that.
7) I am much more eloquent on paper (or in this case, on screen?) than in person. My dad says I use way too many likes and Adrian says he doesn't know which thing I want him to put on the other thing. He says further, more precise words are needed.
8) On the other hand, I think I'm much funnier in person. Perhaps I'm just one of those self-laughers though. I'll have to pay attention next time and see if anyone else is laughing at my jokes.
9) I'm quite booksmart but I lack any and all common sense. Adrian is very common sensical so this also makes him crazy. Luckily, he's here to solve all my common sense dilemmas. (Bt dub, are you getting the sense that I am awfully lucky my husband puts up with me? Yes, yes. I am, too...)
And finally for the last and quite possibly most controversial:
10) I am not an animal person. <<Collective blogosphere gasp>> I know, I know. I'll probably never see you around this here blog again but I just am not into animals. Sure your puppy is cute across the computer screen, but as soon as he jumps up and licks me, I am less than impressed. I don't like sudden movements and I don't like germs. And I will literally cry if there is a mouse/hamster/gerbil/chinchilla near me. Literally cry. As in tears streaming down my face. And you will feel bad. (Excepts to the no animals rule can be found here.)
Come back again, anyways?
I knew this was a bad idea. Curse my sister and her bossy ways.
Oh and I'm not in to telling you all what to do. But if you do decide to share your deepest, darkest secrets, please be a doll and let me know? I like a good secret as much as the next gossip.