I was recently nominated by two lovely ladies for the Liebster Award and I was so thankful to them for thinking of me. I told my sister about it and obviously she was very jealous that I finally get to fulfill my inner 80s child dream of participating in a chain-like event.
I don't normally do this kind of posting, but I like the spirit of it and I thought it'd give me a chance to introduce all of you to some ladies who are consistently putting out some quality content into the blogosphere. I like that this award stipulates that you may only nominate blogs with fewer than 200 followers. There are so many high-quality blogs just waiting for a bit of love.
Both Maddie and Gracie blog about lots of topics. But most importantly, they blog about beauty and fashion, which is something you just are not going to find on this here blog. So for your beauty fix, you'll have to go check them out!
Ok so the rules of this Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Post a link to your nominator's blog with some information about him/her on your blog.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Follow your nominator.
5. Notify the blogs you nominated.
1. I'm left-handed. Hizzah! Neither of my parents are left-handed but my grandfather on my dad's side was. I like that little connection to him. For the most part, being a lefty is awesome, except when you have to make posters for school. Smudges, y'all. Smudges.
2. Sometimes I do things because I know Future Emily will appreciate it. And then I always take time to thank Past Emily for her generosity. This often includes: cleaning, showering before noon, and keeping master copies of all my lessons in organized files.
3. My favorite movie ever is Good Will Hunting. Best. Hands down.
4. I just bought my first hairbrush in like two years. My hair is crazy straight and generally I just run my fingers through it and I'm good to go.
5. I hate when non-pajamas touch my sheets. And by hate, I mean I just start crying. Seriously. I'm a bit of a germaphobe and I hate the idea of clothes that have been out on the street/on the bus/in a public restroom would touch the place where I rest eight hours a night. This has taken Adrian some getting used to.
6. I have glasses for driving and using the computer, but I rarely wear them.
7. I hate grocery shopping. I could be in the best mood ever but as soon as I step foot in a grocery store, I want to punch myself in the face and consequently make everyone around me want to punch themselves as well. Adrian adores this about me. Right. He hates me in grocery stores.
8. I never wear sweatpants outside. Like really, never. I do my best to look pulled together and sweatpants don't fit into that. It's a slippery slope into looking like People of Walmart.
9. Adrian and I always bless each other on the forehead before he leaves for work. Because he leaves an hour before I wake up, I can now make the sign of the cross on his forehead in my sleep. Also, apparently I always say, "Be careful."
So in true 80s chain letter fashion, I'm nominating the following stunningly lovely blogs and I wholeheartedly recommend them as they are all part of my early morning coffee reads:
1. Erin, my sister.
Ok so I didn't exactly follow all the rules, but I gave it a good honest effort. That counts, right? Back to regular content mañana!