|I'm hoping these flowers somehow usher in Spring. Goodbye arctic January!|
Friends, I am so looking forward to this weekend. Tonight I'm headed out to dinner with a friend, tomorrow I'll be snowed in and working on projects and Sunday Adrian has off and will be cooking for a superbowl party with friends.
Yesterday was such an off day. The whole day I felt ten paces behind and just generally down. This month has been such an odd month and I think this extreme weather is taking a toll. My flights back from Christmas got cancelled and we've had four days of school cancelled due to the intensely cold temperatures. In all of that, January left me feeling like I was in a fog and could never quite catch my footing. Anyone else feeling that way?
Here's to hoping that February allows me to settle back into my routine!
To start February off right, here are some reads I enjoyed this week:
- The Secret to Getting Started- So basic and somehow I'm just now getting it. This week, I dove in and set up some photo shoots. I am so glad I didn't listen to all my self-doubts and perfectionist tendencies. I am excited how the photos came out and it has motivated me to just. keep. trying.
- Top Ten Takeaways from Alt Summit 2014- There are so many Alt recaps and I have enjoyed reading them, but I especially enjoyed this one from Not Merely Living.
- On Best Friendship: Just Being- I loved this post from Lindsay over at Trial By Sapphire. It instantly reminded me how lucky I am to have my sister to talk to every day and to have such great girlfriends here in Chicago.
- In case you're looking for an amazing guacamole recipe for the Superbowl, you can find Adrian's recipe here that he posted on the blog last summer.
- Lastly, in case you missed them, here are two Valentine's Day projects because it is almost February (yay!). DIY Printed Treat Bags and DIY Mini Piñata Cake Topper
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!